The Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) scheme is a registration system for those who do work (paid or unpaid) with an unprotected group in Scotland. The Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) membership scheme is given and maintained by the disclosure of Scotland.
The agenda of this program is intended to protect those who are inappropriate to work for the vulnerable group along with identifying the unsuitable people who are currently working for them.
PVG scheme protect those people who lie in the following categories
- Children under the age of 18 or minors
- Those individuals who are over the age of 16 provided with health, care, community, and Welfare services that are protected adults.
How it Works?
If you want to apply in joining the PVG Scheme then, Disclosure Scotland checks out your criminal records and share the outcomes with people and organizations. The Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) should use standard VPN port to carry out better communications and dealings. The application process requires the gathering of criminal record and other pertinent information. One of the main attributes of the PVG scheme is that they are updating continuously.
Main Features of PVG Check
Following are the main points of the PVG check
• When the organization asks for the Protecting Vulnerable Groups check, the organization has to register with Disclosure Scotland. If the individual identifies as banned from working with children then, disclosure Scotland will notify the organization.
• The PVG scheme is quite important because, in Scotland, it is a crime to engage someone in regulated work who is restricted to work with children. It is also a crime for a barred person to pursue regulated work. Therefore, for the recruitment process, the PVG check makes sure whether the person is prohibited from regulated work or not.
• Additionally, the PVG check does not have an expiry date and solely accurate at the completion time of PVG checking. For officials and qualified coaches, Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) check can be valid until three years under the condition of renewal of authorization on time along with self-declaration every year. For the welfare offices, a PVG check is valid for three years.• The initial PVG scheme record application fees are £59 and, updating fees for the PVG scheme record is £18. Both of the above fees for the volunteers are free of cost.